Friday, April 13, 2012

Onyx-The Tuxedo Kitty

Last night on my fiance's way home from an Open Mic he stumbled across a little black kitty on the side of the road in our neighborhood around 11 PM. He calls me and tells me to walk over and I head out to go see this supposedly cute cat. Well, needless to say, it was one of the sweetest cats I have ever been around. It was purring and wasn't afraid at all when we approached. Upon inspection of the cat, which will now be referred to as Oynx, he was very thin and a little dirty. It looked like he might of at one point in his life have been a pet, but has either been lost for awhile or abandoned. I hate to think that people would abandon their cats like that, leaving them out to fend for themselves. I know cats naturally were feral at one point, but I have my doubts that this cat has always lived a life in the wild.

We ended up bringing him home, making sure to keep him separate from our two cats and preparing a litter box and food for him in our bathroom. He went to town on the food, and it lead to me assuming my assumptions were correct in that he was malnourished. I took him to the vet for a checkup today and they say he appears to be about 1 year old (which is what I thought from looking at him) and that he is in generally good condition but had a case of fleas at one point.

Currently our plans are to get him neutered and then likely foster him until we can find him a good home. I really don't want to give him up, but we already have two cats that we love dearly and a third might just be too much (Not to mention our place has a restriction on having more than 2 pets, although I'd like to argue 2 cats is = to 1 bigger dog, and not even so, since it doesn't poop outside and leave a mess ((Due to lazy owners))) But regardless someone will have a very loving cat, whether it be us or someone else, Onyx will go to a good home.


No comments:

Post a Comment